Connor has been working hard on a reading program this summer. At the beginning of the summer, I promised him that we could go to Great America if he finished the program. He had a rough start, and I don't think he thought he could get through it. But, somewhere around the middle he realized he could do it. He finished a couple of weeks ago, and last Monday we took the big trip. We drove down the night before and stayed in a hotel. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack. Jason and I both got crab, which I love but it's kind of exhausing to get to the actual eating part. Anyway, I figured I needed an extra boost to make it through the meal--the fruity drink!

Connor had some kind of lemonade that included Pop Rocks.

Monday was a perfect day. It was around 70 and sunny and the park was practically empty. We didn't have to wait more than 2 minutes for any of the rides. Callie was a little disappointed that she couldn't go on some of the roller coasters, but we found the Wizzer right away and we could all go together.

We went on the Wizzer a total of 9 times. We would hop off and run around and get right back on again. Connor and Jason went on some of the more serious roller coasters together. Callie and I stuck to the kiddie rides.

Jason's highlight was the giant turkey leg. I don't really get the facination, but that was the one thing he wanted to make sure he got to do. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment