Sunday, November 1, 2009

Callie turns 4!

Before we get to the birthday fun, here are a couple of pictures.

For some reason, I have a really hard time styling Callie's hair. I think I do a reasonably good job on my own, but I just can't seem to do anything with hers. I have a hard time with a simple ponytail. Maybe her head is a strange shape, or her hair is too fine, or something. Anyway, I finally figured out how to do a french braid from one side to the other. I was quite proud of myself.


If you aren't living in Wisconsin, you might not know that October was officially "rain every day" month. Seriously, I think we had maybe 2 or 3 days that didn't involve rain.

Jason and I got the chance to see a Badger game. They lost, but it was fun anyway.
We had a family birthday party for Callie on the day before her birthday. She was obviously quite excited about the cupcakes.
I hadn't planned on doing another cake for her real birthday the next day, but Connor "guilt-tripped" me into it. It went something like this:
What kind of cake are we having for Callie's birthday?
None. We just had cupcakes at the party yesterday.
But, it's her birthday.
I know, but we celebrated it yesterday.
But, it's her birthday.
And so on. So, I ended up getting a Halloween cake at the grocery store. She didn't care where it came from, as long as it had frosting.
For Halloween this year, Connor was spiderman (again). We thought he kind of looked like Peter Parker with his glasses on, so we went with the combination costume.


Callie was a monarch butterfly. Not just a butterfly--she was sure to include the monarch part if anyone asked.




She was very excited to go to preschool, where her teacher Debbie was also a monarch butterfly. I'm guessing that is why she chose the costume.



We stopped by Grandpa's office in Baraboo for trick or treating.

Callie tried on some glasses. She looks pretty cute!


No comments: