Monday, August 17, 2009

Soccer Star

Callie has been playing soccer this summer. It is a 3v3 league for 3 and 4 year olds. The first few games were painful to watch, but they finally seemed to catch on last week. Before this game, we got Callie all decked out in some soccer equipment--pink of course!

I have been trying to decide whether I think 3 is too little for organized sports. On one hand, they sometimes don't want to play and you have to drag them in. But, after a few games, she really did catch on. Next year I think she will really be ready to play.

Connor started t-ball this year at age 6, for the first time. He was clearly way behind the other kids. Maybe if we had started him earlier, he would have had more of a chance. Although, he did improve dramatically by the end of the session too.

No comments: